Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I don't like you"

I started back to work about six weeks ago. Just in time for the holiday rush for the postal service. I was worried about leaving Braxton. I didn't know how he would react to his food source leaving for seven hours every couple of nights. He has done better than could be expected. Now that we are in the heat of Christmas mail I have had to work more than expected. The boys have adjusted well to the change. They love to spend time just with Kevin. He lets them get away with more than I do. Every morning Carson tells me that he wants Dad to stay home. I totally agree with him. Today as I was getting Carson dressed he looked at me very sincerely and said, "I don't like you." I know he is only three and doesn't really know what that means, and I know he just misses his dad, but still. I just looked at him, fought back the tears, tried not to get mad, and finished dressing him. I'm not ready for him to be a teenager that's for sure.

0 comments: